compensation: Competitive Pay - DOE (Dependent on Experience) employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Build thriving communities across the country.
Join the Vineyards team and take part in an innovative model that enhances every location it serves. If you’re ready to grow your career and improve the world around you, you’ve come to the right place.
Vineyards Management Group is a growing full-service, excellence-driven MHC (Manufactured Housing Community) operator with 36 locations across 16 cities.
We believe that everyone deserves to feel safe in and happy with their living situation, no matter their budget. That’s why we specialize in building communities that offer all of the perks of your perfect home, without any of the compromise. We are looking or someone to help potential residents find their perfect home in some of our communities in the Central Michigan area (Bay City, Saginaw, Flint).
JOB TITLE: Leasing Agent
DEPARTMENT: Community Operations
REPORTS TO: Regional Vice President
GENERAL OVERVIEW: The Leasing Agent’s primary responsibility is the performance of all activities related to community rentals, move-ins, and lease renewals. It interacts directly with prospective and current residents to achieve maximum occupancy. This includes generating and handling leasing units, qualifying prospects, preparing lease documentation, and completing move-in paperwork and procedures. Portfolio size may range from 2 to 6 communities within the central Michicgan area depending on occupancy, rental units, and level of experience.
You will be filling mostly BRAND NEW homes being brought in to these communities.
Performs all the above in accordance with applicable laws and company policies.
The primary focus for the leasing agent is to lease the new homes in the community.
Responsibilities of the Leasing agent include, but are not limited to:
· Meeting and qualifying prospective residents
· Showing the prospective residents model units and all units available for rent.
· Making an effective presentation of the models and all features of the community.
· Inviting the prospective residents to lease, helping them fill out applications at the community, and accepting advance rental deposits, (including pre-leases), and first month’s rent.
· Getting the name, address and phone number of each prospect over the age of 18 and entering the information on a traffic card.
· Answering the telephone and giving information to prospective residents making rental inquiries. Obtaining the caller’s name, phone number, and future home needs, and setting an appointment with them to see a home in the community.
· Processing the prospective residents’ application(s)
· Making follow-up calls from traffic cards and sending thank you cards to all prospective residents.
· Placing all advertisements for each community in an Advertising Logbook
· Ensuring that all proper advertising is in place, (i.e. signage, banners, “For Rent/Lease” sign with current, visible phone number.)
· Opening and Securing mini-models and/or show homes during each showing session
· Ensuring that all rental office, clubhouses, common areas, amenities, mini-models and show homes are always in presentable condition, (interior and exterior).
· Inspecting each rental home for cleanliness, repairs, and compliance with VMG Community Policies and Procedures as well as Health Safety and Environmental standards
· Schedule the date and time of the lease signing with the Community Manager a minimum of 24 hours prior to move-in.
· Being available to work odd hours and schedules, including weekends when requested.
· Prepare and host Open Houses, as requested.
· Meeting with local businesses to promote Preferred Employer Program, and distribution of flyers as needed.
· Follow-up with the resident 30 days after move-in to ensure compliance with community policies and procedures, and make sure they are happy in their new VMG home.
Ideal candidate has previous administrative experience supporting multiple departments or team members.
· Ability to start immediately
· Requires a minimum of two-three years of experience serving in the capacity of sales and leasing, marketing, customer service, or other relevant experience for such a task.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Requires a strong degree of personal initiative as well the ability to work independently
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Must demonstrate sound judgment and represent the Company in a professional manner
· A strong customer service disposition
· Must possess strong computer proficiency (Microsoft Office)
· Requires a valid state’s driver’s license
Compensation & Benefits:
VMG offers a competitive compensation program including base salary, benefits, commissions plan and performance bonuses. Equally important, we offer a rewarding and challenging experience with opportunities for career advancement within an environment that supports your professional development and recognizes your achievements. To apply for this position, please send your resume and salary requirements. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Requires successful results in a criminal, MVR background check as well as a drug screen.
Vineyards Management Group (VMG) M/F/D/V/G EOE
Please email your resume in MS Word, RTF, PDF, HTML, or ASCII text format to the address below. If you wish to enclose a cover letter, please include it in the body of your email message.
Create communities while being part of one.
This isn’t just a job that pays the bills— it’s a career that invests in your growth, empowers you towards self-sufficiency, challenges you to expand your skillset, and rewards you for your hard work.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers